According the abstract, the paper “considers the context in which the MDGs were developed, assesses progress to date, offers views on achieving the 2015 targets, and provides insights into the creation of the post-2015 agenda. Particular emphasis is placed on those factors that have yielded the greatest advances, and the areas most in need of urgent attention.
The publication features contributions by over 50 officials and experts from around the world, including:
- Ban Ki-moon, UN Secretary-General
- Irina Bokova, Director-General, UNESCO
- Helen Clark, Administrator, UN Development Programme
- Ertharin Cousin, Executive Director, UN World Food Programme
- José María Figueres, former President of Costa Rica
- Richard Jolly, Institute of Development Studies
- Georg Kell, Executive Director, UN Global Compact
- Mark Malloch Brown, former UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Amina J. Mohammed, UN Special Advisor on Post-2015
- Babatunde Osotimehin, Executive Director, UN Population Fund
- Lakshmi Puri, Deputy Director, UN Women
- Jeffrey Sachs, Director, Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- Wu Hongbo, UN Under-Secretary-General for Economic & Social Affairs
Click here to access the full paper.