Saferworld has prepared a briefing as an input into consultation meetings hosted by the UN in June 2013 on the accountability framework for the post-2015 development agenda.
“It adapts analysis previously prepared by Saferworld in light of the publication of the High Level Panel of Eminent Persons on the Post-2015 Development Agenda’s report ‘A New Global Partnership’. It examines the correspondence between the High Level Panel’s (HLP) report and Saferworld’s existing analysis and suggests key ways to build a robust accountability framework, building on and deepening the vision for sustainably addressing conflict and violence set out in the HLP’s report. More specifically, it:
- Responds to UN consultation questions on priorities related to conflict, violence and governance for the post-2015 development framework, and how these can be addressed in peacebuilding targets,
- Reaffirms the priorities for addressing conflict and violence identified in our previous research and analysis on the post-2015 framework, and assesses their coverage in the HLP’s illustrative framework,
- Suggests ideas for refining the broadly positive illustrative targets set out by the HLP,
- Notes two gaps in the HLP report’s coverage of the key issues,
- Reaffirms key messages on how to frame post-2015 indicators on peacebuilding and violence reduction issues, and
- Matches relevant potential indicators identified in recent Saferworld publications to the targets set out in the HLP’s report.”
Click here to access the full briefing.